- To raise brand awareness through digital platform with a new focus on the makeup range of products. With skincare products such as the popular 3 Step System, Clinique is often perceived to be a clinical skin care only brand
- To boost its influence among young women, specially the millennials, to inspire a new generation of Clinique users
- To promote new product entries/launches by the brand
- To drive online traffic and conversion to increase footfalls in physical stores
STRATEGY & DESIGN
- Community building: The most apt way to build brand awareness through online means, was to build a community of people on social media platforms, whose interests lie within makeup, fashion and lifestyle. This served as a means to give the audience the possibility to discover Clinique through a more interactive relationship.
Since the primary audience was between the age group of 18-29, we opted for platforms such as Facebook and YouTube, with a new focus on colour cosmetics. Additional to being a very visual platform, Instagram is also used the most among the millennials and as such we proposed to widen their social media footprint by adopting a new platform for Clinique India.
The best way to engage with the audience on any of the above platform was via generating engaging and shareable content, sharing memorable and buzz worthy campaigns and influencer outreach programs. We also capitalised on complimentary offers and services available at the stores, new beauty and fashion trends and various relevant seasons – festive or otherwise to engage with the audience.
- 360 omni channel customer experience: We wanted to continue the community building process by taking it up a notch and making sure the audience (customers) always had a 360 degree omni channel experience. Not only does this give the customers the flexibility of getting in touch and engaging with the brand via any available channel, but also gave them the flexibility to pick up conversations from one channel and if necessary, return via yet another in future (digital to store or vice versa).
- Capitalise on current trends with focus on makeup: As a means to target the younger audience, we decided to capitalise on current skincare and beauty trends from around the world. With a special focus on colour cosmetics, we crafted stimulating and aspirational content that was original with a tone that resonates with the younger audience.
- Customer Relation Management: Clinique has been very consistent with responding to their audience with their queries or grievances. We decided to follow the same trend online too. Each query was answered within 24 hours of the question. We always maintained a 99-100% response rate at all times to make the brand approachable and more appealing to the audience.
Platform specific strategy was as follows:
- To create brand awareness by generating engaging and shareable content
- To build a community around interests such as skincare, makeup and fashion
- To respond to queries and grievances
- To announce various launches and promotional offers
- To seed, launch and promote YouTube channel and videos
- To run brand campaigns
- Used to create and share video based tutorials on makeup and skincare by the makeup pros
- Educate on different Clinique products and their usage
- To run and promote existing and new campaigns
- Vlogger engagement
- Used as a visual medium to showcase the ‘Clinique Lifestyle’
- To post insightful tips and tricks on how to use certain Clinique products
- To run influencer outreach programs
The project was strategised and executed by Dhriti Jain as a part of Skarma’s Project Management and Strategy Team. Skarma owns copyrights to the project and the same is listed post taking their permission.